BETAINV function in Excel calculates the inverse of the cumulative beta probability density function for a supplied probability.
Syntax of BETAINV Function in Excel:
- probability – The probability of the Beta distribution, for which you want to find the value of x
- alpha -A parameter of the distribution (must be > 0).
- beta -A parameter of the distribution (must be > 0).
- [A] -An optional argument with default value 0, which gives the lower bound of the interval of x.
- [B] -An optional argument with default value 1, which gives the upper bound of the interval of x.
Example of BETAINV Function in Excel:
- Beta Inverse function – BETAINV, is supplied values from 0.1 to 0.9 on interval of 0.1 along with alpha value as 6, beta value as 8, [A] as 0 and [B] as 1
So the result will be
Inverse Cumulative Beta Distribution, calculated for alpha=6 and beta=8 by the BETAINV function is shown in above table and the same is plotted below.