CEILING.PRECISE Function in Excel rounds a supplied number up (regardless of the significance’s sign), to the nearest multiple of a given number.
- Positive values are rounded away from zero(which becomes more positive)
- Negative numbers are rounded towards zero(which becomes less negative)
Syntax of CEILING.PRECISE Function in Excel
number – The Number to be rounded up
significance– Multiple of Significance to which the number has to be rounded to
Note: the arithmetic sign of the [significance] argument is ignored.
Example of CEILING.PRECISE Function in Excel
- 15.25 with significance 1 and -1 will result in 16
- -15.25 with significance 1 and -1 will result in -15
- PRECISE rounds up regardless of significance sign, which means that there is no difference between -1 and 1 of significance values
Note: #VALUE! Error occurs if the supplied arguments are non-numeric.