DEC2BIN Function in Excel converts Decimal number to Binary number.
Syntax of DEC2BIN Function in Excel (DECIMAL TO BINARY FUNCTION IN EXCEL):
- number – The Decimal number that is to be converted to Binary.
- [places] – An optional argument that specifies how many digits needs to be returned.
Example of DEC2BIN Function in Excel (DECIMAL TO BINARY FUNCTION IN EXCEL):
- In row number 2, DEC2BIN Function takes up [places] argument as 8 which returns the 8 digits with 4 preceding Zeros i.e. 00001110.
Note: #NUM! – Error occurs
- If the supplied number argument is greater than 511 or less than -512.
- If the supplied [places] argument is less than 0 and greater than 10.