FLOOR.PRECISE Function in Excel rounds a supplied number down(regardless of the significance’s sign), to the nearest multiple of a given number.
- Positive values are rounded towards zero (which becomes less positive)
- Negative numbers are rounded away from zero(which becomes more negative)
Syntax of FLOOR.PRECISE Function in Excel
number – The Number to be rounded down
significance– Multiple of Significance to which the number has to be rounded to
Note: the arithmetic sign of the [significance] argument is ignored.
Example of FLOOR.PRECISE Function in Excel
- 15.25 with significance 1 and -1 will result in 15
- -15.25 with significance 1 and -1 will result in -16
- FLOOR.PRECISE rounds down regardless of significance sign, which means that there is no difference between -1 and 1 of significance values
So the result will be
Note: #VALUE! Error occurs if the supplied arguments are non-numeric.