MINIFS function in Excel returns the Minimum value from the set of supplied numbers that meets some specific conditions. The MINIFS function in Excel supports logical operators (>,<,<>,=) and wildcards (*,?) for pattern matching
Wild cards in MINIFS Function
- ? – matches any single character
- * – matches any sequence of characters
The condition “A?e” will match all cells containing a text string beginning with “A” and ending in “e” and only one character in between i.e. A_e.
The condition “A*e” will match all cells containing a text string beginning with “A” and ending in “e” with multiple character(n) in between i.e. A_______e.
Syntax of MINIFS Function in Excel:
- min_range – Range of numeric values from which you want to find the minimum value if the conditions are satisfied.
- criteria_range1 – An array of values to be tested against criteria1.
- criteria1 – The condition to be tested against the values in criteria_range1
Example of MINIFS Function in Excel
- First two examples states the use of logical operation in MINIFS function with conditions.
- Last two examples states the use of wildcards in MINIFS function with two conditions.
So the result will be like
Note: MINIFS Function is available only from Microsoft Excel 2016 onwards