POWER function in Excel returns a number raised to a given power
Syntax of POWER Function in Excel
number – Number to which the power to be raised.
power – Exponent to raise power to.
Example of POWER Function in Excel
- Row number 2 calculates 2 ^4 which is 16
- Row number 3 calculates 25 ^0.5e. square root of 25 which will be 5
- Row number 4 calculates -2^2 which is 4
- Row number 5 calculates 2^4 which is 16
- Row number 6 calculates 5 ^ -2 i.e. (1/0.5)^2 which will be 4
So the result will be
Note: #VALUE! Error occurs if the supplied number argument is non-numeric.