QUARTILE.INC Function in Excel returns the Quartile value for a supplied range of values based on a percentile range of 0 to 1 (inclusive). QUARTILE.INC Functions in Excel returns minimum value, first quartile (25th Percentile), second quartile (50th Percentile), third quartile (75th Percentile) and max value (100th percentile).
Syntax of QUARTILE.INC Function in Excel:
- array – The array of data values for which you want to calculate the Quartile.
- quart– value of required Quartile (value between 0 and 4)
- The 1st quartile is the same as the 25th percentile
- The 2nd quartile is the same as the 50th percentile
- The 3rd quartile is the same as the 75th percentile
- The 4th quartile is the same as the 100th percentile. Which is max value
Example of QUARTILE.INC Function in Excel:
- Quart value 0 returns the minimum value
- Quart value 1 returns the 1st Quartile value (25th percentile value)
- Quart value 2 returns the 2nd Quartile value (25th percentile value)
- Quart value 3 returns the 3rd Quartile value (75th percentile value)
- Quart value 4 returns the 4rd Quartile value (100th percentile value or maximum value)
#NUM! – Error Occurs if
- The supplied value of quart is < 0 or > 4
- The supplied array is empty.