REPLACE function in Excel replaces all or some part of a text string with another string.
Syntax of REPLACE Function in Excel:
REPLACE( old_text, start_num, num_chars, new_text )
- old_text – The original text string, that you want to replace a part of.
- start_num – The position, within old_text, of the first character that you want to replace.
- num_chars – The number of characters to replace.
- new_text – The replacement text.
Example of REPLACE Function in Excel:
- In Row number 2, REPLACE Function replaces 5 characters starting from 6th character with “XX”.
- In row number 3, REPLACE Function replaces 5 characters starting from 1st character with “XX”.
And so on, so the result will be.