STDEVPA function in Excel calculates the population standard deviation of a supplied set of values.
Population Standard Deviation is calculated using formula
- X takes each value in the set;
- X̄ is the average of the set of values;
- N is the number of values.
Syntax of STDEVPA Function in Excel:
Where the number arguments are numeric values for which you want to calculate the population standard deviation.
Example of STDEVPA Function in Excel
- Logical values, within arrays or reference arguments are counted in STDEVPA Function where FALSE is taken as 0 and TRUE is taken as 1.
- Text values are taken as 0 in STDEVPA Function
- Empty cells are ignored in STDEVPA Function.
The Above example calculates the sample standard deviation of subject scores with formula
= STDEVPA (A2:A13)
Which results in value 30.4886135