HOUR Function in excel returns Hour by taking time as input. Value returned by HOUR Function is number between 0 and 23 as it uses 24 hour format.
Syntax for HOUR Function in Excel:
serial_number is a valid form that excel recognizes, serial_number can be
- A decimal representation of an Excel time
- A text representation of a time
- Reference cell containing time value
- Time returned from any other excel functions
Let’s see each with an example
Example of HOUR Function in Excel
- In row number 2 and 3, 24 hour format is passed to the HOUR Function.
- Row number 4 and 5 row takes up 12 hour format
- Row number 6 takes up decimal representation of time.
- Row number 7 ignores the date format and takes up only time format and Extracts Hour from it
- Row number 8 takes up text input in 24 hour format
- Row number 9 takes text input in 12 hour format