MID Function in Excel Extracts the substring from the given string. MID Function takes the String, the start of the string and length as an argument to return the substring.
Substring using MID Function in Excel – Syntax:
- text –Text String
- start_num – An integer that specifies the position of the first character
- num_chars – An integer that specifies the number of characters to be returned (starting from start_num)
Substring using MID Function in Excel – Example:
- In Row number 2, MID Function takes the string argument, position of the first character (6) and length of the substring (10), which means starting from 5th position 10 characters are returned so the resultant substring will be “Larry-USA”.
NOTE: #VALUE! – Error Occurs if
- the supplied start_num argument is < 1;
- the supplied num_chars argument is < 0.