MINUTE Function in excel returns Minute by taking time as input. Value returned by MINUTE Function is number between 0 and 59.
Syntax for MINUTE Function in Excel:
serial_number is a valid form that excel recognizes, serial_number can be
- A decimal representation of an Excel time
- A text representation of a time
- Reference cell containing time value
- Time returned from any other excel functions
Let’s see each with an example
Example of MINUTE Function in Excel
- In row number 2 and 3, 24 hour format is passed to the MINUTE Function.
- Row number 4 takes up 12 hour format
- Row number 5 takes up decimal representation of time.
- Row number 6, ignores the date format and takes up only time format and Extracts MINUTE from it
- Row number 7, takes up text input in 24 hour format
- Row number 8, takes text input in 12 hour format