PERCENTRANK.INC Function in Excel calculates the relative position of a specified value i.e., rank of specified value in terms of percentage between 0 and 1 (inclusive), within a set of values.
Syntax of PERCENTRANK.INC Function in Excel
- array – The array of values within which you want to find the relative position of a specific value.
- x – The value for which you want to calculate the relative position (rank as percentage) of.
- [significance] – Number of significant digits that the returned percentage value is rounded to.(By default the returned percentage value is rounded to 3 digits).
Example of PERCENTRANK.INC Function in Excel
- The above PERCENTRANK.INC Function in Excel, calculates the rank of values in terms of percentage between 0 and 1 (inclusive).
- Supplied value should be within the range of the values in the supplied array
- If the value is not found in the array, the array values are interpolated to calculate the percentage rank.
- In Row number 12, value 1000 is passed as an input x, so the percentile rank is interpolated to 3.7% for value 1000.
Now select all the values from B2:B12. From the drop down click percentage as shown below so that all the values are presented in percentage
So finally it will be looking like
#NUM! – Error occurs if
- The supplied [significance] value is < 1
- The supplied array is empty.
#N/A – Error occurs if the supplied value of x is smaller than the minimum, or greater than the maximum value in the supplied array.