QUARTILE.EXC Function in Excel returns the Quartile value for a supplied range of values based on a percentile range of 0 to 1 with both the values exclusive.
- QUARTILE.EXC Function in Excel returns first quartile (25th Percentile), second quartile (50th Percentile), and third quartile (75th Percentile).
- QUARTILE.EXC Function does not return the Min value (0th percentile) and Max Value (100th percentile), because percentile of 0 and 1 are excluded.
Syntax of QUARTILE.EXC Function in Excel:
- array – The array of data values for which you want to calculate the Quartile.
- quart– value of required Quartile (value between 1 and 3)
Example of QUARTILE.EXC Function in Excel:
- Quart value 0 returns #NUM! Error as 0th percentile or MIN value is excluded.
- Quart value 1 returns the 1st Quartile value (25th percentile value)
- Quart value 2 returns the 2nd Quartile value (25th percentile value)
- Quart value 3 returns the 3rd Quartile value (75th percentile value)
- Quart value 4 returns #NUM! Error as 100th percentile or MAX value is excluded.
So the result will be
#NUM! – Error Occurs if
- The supplied value of quart is < 1 or > 3
- The supplied array is empty.