QUARTILE Function in Excel returns the Quartile value for a supplied range of values. QUARTILE Functions in Excel returns minimum value, first quartile (25th Percentile), second quartile (50th Percentile), third quartile (75th Percentile) and max value (100th percentile).
Syntax of QUARTILE Function in Excel:
- array – The array of data values for which you want to calculate the Quartile.
- quart– value of required Quartile (value between 0 and 4)
- The 1st quartile is the same as the 25th percentile
- The 2nd quartile is the same as the 50th percentile
- The 3rd quartile is the same as the 75th percentile
- The 4th quartile is the same as the 100th percentile. Which is max value
Example of QUARTILE Function in Excel:
Let’s look at an example on how to calculate quartile using QUARTILE Function in Excel
- Quart value 0 returns the minimum value
- Quart value 1 returns the 1st Quartile value (25th percentile value)
- Quart value 2 returns the 2nd Quartile value (25th percentile value)
- Quart value 3 returns the 3rd Quartile value (75th percentile value)
- Quart value 4 returns the 4rd Quartile value (100th percentile value or maximum value)
So the result will be
#NUM! – Error Occurs if
- The supplied value of quart is < 0 or > 4
- The supplied array is empty.