SMALL Function in Excel returns the Kth Smallest value from an array of numeric values.
Syntax of SMALL Function in Excel:
SMALL( array, k )
- array – An array of numeric values from which you want to find the k’th smallest value.
- K- The index. Value of K that is passed to find the kth smallest value.
Example of SMALL Function in Excel:
- First Example finds the smallest value
- Second Example finds the 2nd smallest value
- Third Example finds the 5th smallest value
- Fourth Example finds the 7th smallest value
So the result will be
NOTE: #NUM! – Error Occurs:
- If the supplied value of k is less than 1 or greater than the number of values in the supplied array
- If the supplied array is empty