STDEVA function in Excel calculates the sample standard deviation of a supplied set of values.
- X takes each value in the set;
- X̄ is the average of the set of values;
- N is the number of values.
Syntax of STDEVA Function in Excel
Where the number arguments are numeric values for which you want to calculate the sample standard deviation.
Example of STDEVA Function in Excel
- Logical values, within arrays or reference arguments are counted in STDEVA Function where FALSE is taken as 0 and TRUE is taken as 1.
- Text values are taken as 0 in STDEVA Function
- Empty cells are ignored in STDEVA Function.
The Above example calculates the sample standard deviation of subject scores with formula
= STDEVA (A2:A13)
Which results in value 31.84432